In an article written on April 24 by Tara Massouleh McCay, Southern Living magazine named Hilton Head one of the “The Best Family Beach Vacations In The South.”
Southern Living has long since been a go-to resource for those wanting to explore the South. From family vacations, outdoor adventures, accommodations and best restaurants, the publication is the gold standard of guides. This article and list focused on kid- and adult-friendly destinations with the beach as the principal draw.
Hilton Head was noted by Southern Living for the following accredidations:
- Its decades-long reputation for welcoming visitors, who return year after year.
- Our many oceanfront cottages and rentals, which can accommodate multi-families and multi-generations.
- Places to eat that please all palates.
- Shopping for all ages.
- Water activities such as dolphin tours and boat rentals along with Hilton Head Island’s many watersports companies.
- and spots that offer all of the above in one location, citing Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina as one.
Jekyll, Sanibel, Kiawah and Sullivan’s Island, along with Cocoa, Myrtle and Virginia Beach among others were also named. But we’re kind of partial to HHI.