Are you ready for some serious Easter fun this season?
Hilton Head Island has it all! From egg hunts to wagon rides and more – there’s something for everyone. Get ready to be whisked away in a flurry of springtime activities on the beautiful Island. Here are our top picks:
Saturday, April 1, 10:00 am 1:00 pm at Shelter Cove Community Park: Special appearance of the Hilton Head Fire Department’s Ladder Truck at noon. Bounce houses provided by Extreme Firehouse. With the help of the Easter Bunny, eggs filled by Pockets Full of Sunshine, a local non-profit employing adults with disabilities. www.islandreccenter.org/events/easter.
St. Andrew By-The-Sea’s Holy Week Celebrations
Palm Sunday, April 2:
- Bring kids of all ages for Easter Egg Dying at 10:30 am – 11 am, creating colorful eggs (and fingers!). Egg dying will be outside the doors of the Education Building at the church.
- The church’s traditional Palm Procession will take place at the start of the 11:15 am worship service, with kids gathering in the chapel at 11 am.
- Following the 11:15 am worship service, at approximately 12:15 pm, there will be an Easter Egg Hunt. Participants are asked to bring their own baskets, if possible.
Good Friday, April 7:
- St. Andrew’s will have a 12 Noon worship service in the sanctuary. It will be in-person and live-streamed.
Easter Sunday, April 9:
- The first worship service starts at 7 am for the Sunrise Service on the beach at Coligny Park. Celebrate the Resurrection as the sun rises at the edge of the ocean.
- The church will also have services in its sanctuary at 9 am and 11:15 am, with live-streamed at 11:15 am.
- Prior to the services at Pope Avenue, all are welcome to bring a flower to put in the large outdoor cross (Flowering of the Cross) on Easter Sunday.
EASTER PAIL PICK-UP
April 5-9, 1-3 pm, Sea Pines Fitness Center: Order a personalized Easter-themed pail this spring season. The pail will be customized for your child and filled with various toys and treats. Easter pails will be available for pickup until Sunday, April 9. Reservations required. www.seapines.com.
EASTER WAGON JOURNEY
Thursday, April 6, 1 pm, Sea Pines Forest Preserve: Hop aboard our red wagon and experience a spring exploration of the Sea Pines Forest Preserve, while playing a game of Easter I-Spy along the way. Reservations required. www.seapines.com
PERSONALIZED EASTER PAILS AND PORTRAIT EVENT IN HARBOUR TOWN
Saturday, April 8, 9:30-11 am, Liberty Oak Tree in Harbour Town: Order a personalized Easter pail for your child and pick it up at Liberty Oak stage in Harbour Town. The Easter Bunny himself will be there celebrating and taking photos! All pail reservations will be made for a specific time slot. Reservations required.www.seapines.com.
EASTER EGG HUNT IN HARBOUR TOWN
Sunday, April 9, 11 am, Gregg Russell Harbour Town Playground: Held at the Gregg Russell Harbour Town Playground, the Easter Egg Hunt is an annual tradition with the Easter Bunny as part of the festivities. Hosted by The Sea Pines Resort and the Shops at Harbour Town. Please note, this event starts promptly at 11 am. Complimentary. www.seapines.com.