Here are a few things to know before you visit our Island.
Drinking/possession of alcohol on Hilton Head’s public beaches is illegal and could result in a fine of up to $500.
Liquor stores are not open on Sundays in South Carolina, though you can buy wine and beer in some gas stations and supermarkets.
You might get to know about South Carolina’s roundabouts. They’re everywhere! There are just a few rules to follow in the two-lane roundabout:
- The drivers already in the roundabout have the right of way.
- Always yield to them before entering the roundabout.
- A roundabout is like any other flowing traffic—don’t stop in the middle.
- Like with intersections, don’t change lanes while in the roundabout.
There are a few rules we all need to know about to ensure a safe experience for everyone who comes to Hilton Head. It is therefore very important to remember that there is:
- No sleeping on the beach between midnight and 6 a.m.
- No driving on the beach
- Horses are not allowed on the beach
- No fires on the beach
- No fireworks on the beach (you need a permit to set off fireworks anywhere on Hilton Head, and an offense will result in a misdemeanor and a $500 fine)
- Pets are not allowed on the beach between 10 a.m.-5 p.m. the Friday before Memorial Day through Labor Day