HarbourFest returns for its 33rd year to Hilton Head Island’s Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina with 12 memorable fireworks shows. The most popular multi-week festival runs from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
This summer, Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina on Hilton Head Island, SC further bolsters its reputation as the place to be for the area’s best fireworks shows by adding three more shows in 2022. Fun-loving crowds can now enjoy an exciting 12 weeks of fireworks.
Harbourfest at Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina is a three-decade-long-and-running tradition and Hilton Head’s most popular multi-week summer event. Named a “Top 20 Event” by the Southeastern Tourism Society and a “Best of Southern Fests” by The South Magazine, generations of families plan their vacations around HarbourFest, which is now in its 33rd year, with entertainment that includes shows from island icon Shannon Tanner and children’s activities with Cappy the Clown.
Amazing fireworks serve as HarbourFest’s grand centerpiece. This year, 12 firework shows will be held on Tuesday nights from June 7th until August 23rd, beginning when the sky is dark, as well as Hilton Head’s largest fireworks display on Monday, July 4th. (Note: there is no Tuesday, July 5th show.) On fireworks nights, kids may also enjoy train rides around the marina promenade. We appreciate the continued generous support from the Town of Hilton Head Island and our sponsors.
Dates for the 2022 Harbourfest Fireworks Shows at Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina:
- Tuesdays; June 7, 14, 21 & 28
- Monday, July 4
- Tuesdays; July 12, 19 & 26
- Tuesdays; August 2, 9, 16 & 23
Shannon Tanner and Cappy the Clown will also entertain fun-loving crowds with music and family fun. Shannon Tanner includes two family shows at 6:30 and 8:00 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, through Sept. 2. On Thursdays from June 16 through August 18 (plus Sept. 3-4), Tanner shifts into Caribbean sunset celebration mode for Parrot Palooza, a fun, family friendly, island-inspired show with his Jimmy Buffett tribute band, Shannon Tanner & The Oyster Reefers.
In addition, fellow Lowcountry legend Cappy the Clown returns for another year of entertaining children with face painting, balloon animals, sand art, glitter tattoos and more. Cappy is set up at the Harbour from 6-9 p.m. Memorial Day weekend followed by Monday through Friday through Sept. 2 — as well as Labor Day weekend, Sept. 3-4.
- Shannon Tanner family show: Memorial Day weekend (Saturday, May 28 & Sunday, May 29) plus May 30 – Sept 2 (Mon, Tues, Wed & Fri) – two shows at 6:30 p.m. & 8:00 p.m.
- Parrot Palooza with Shannon Tanner & the Oyster Reefers: Thursdays, June 16 – August 18 – (June 16, 23 & 30; July 7, 14, 21 & 28; August 4, 11 & 18) plus Labor Day weekend (Saturday, September 3 & Sunday, September 4) – Show starts at 7:00 p.m.
- Cappy the Clown: Memorial Day weekend (Saturday, May 28 & Sunday, May 29), May 30 – Sept. 2 (Monday-Friday) and Labor Day weekend (Saturday, Sept. 3 & Sunday, Sept. 4) – 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.