Hilton Head Island Gullah Celebration presents the 26th Annual Celebration on Hilton Head Island. This year attendees are invited to “Experience the Culture and Cherish the Legacy” of the Gullah Community on Hilton Head Island throughout February. Events focus on the tremendous cultural contributions of Gullah People. From art to food, crafts and music, and history, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Gullah Celebration Events:
- Arts Ob We People: Exhibit and Sale | Tuesday, February 1st-27th | Daily 10am-4pm
Art League Gallery, 14 Shelter Cove Ln., Hilton Head Island
- Freedom Day Celebration | Saturday, February 5th | 10am-1pm
Historic Mitchelville Freedom Park, 229 Beach City Rd., Hilton Head Island
- A Taste of Gullah | Saturday, February 12th | 12-3pm
Arts Center of Coastal Carolina, 14 Shelter Cove Ln., Hilton Head Island
- Gullah Market: Arts. Crafts, Music & Food | Saturday, February 19th | 11am-5pm
Coastal Discovery Museum, 70 Honey Horn Dr., Hilton Head Island
- Celebration of African American Authors with Bakari Sellers | Saturday, February 26th | 12-3pm
Rotary Community Center, 11 Recreation Ct., Bluffton
Meet Our Featured Artist:
Amiri Geuka Farris is a contemporary, multidisciplinary artist whose wide range of work encompasses painting, drawing, video, performance, and installation. Farris’ works are full of intimate, personal experiences, and his art examines issues such as race, culture, memory and perception. Farris is known for dynamic, powerful artwork that combines an alluring blend of vivid colors and layered textures.
Go to https://www.gullahcelebration.com/ for more information.