The holiday season starts early in the Lowcountry with special performances, sales, Santa sightings, holiday light displays and other family-friendly activities designed to usher in the “Most Wonderful Time of the Year.”
- The celebration begins with the Hilton Head Dance Theatre’s 33rd production of The Nutcracker at the Seahawk Cultural Center in Hilton Head High School, November 9-11 and 16-18. These spectacular productions are a holiday treat of dance and music suitable for the entire family. For tickets, call (843) 842-3262 or visit hiltonheaddance.com.
- For a Thanksgiving tradition with free Lowcountry Boil from 6-8 p.m., live music and happy hour deals, head down to South Beach Marina on November 21 for the annual Salty Dog Homecoming. (843) 671-2233 or cal.saltydog.com.
- Shop locally this Black Friday at Coligny Plaza! The event, running from 2-5 p.m. on November 23, will see Santa soaring at 3 p.m. over a street party packed with food vendors, local Coligny storefronts sharing their finest wares and live music. La Bodega will be performing at this event you surely don’t want to miss. colignyplaza.com.
- On November 23, the Sea Pines Resort Recreation Department hosts the family-friendly Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt in Harbour Town from 9-11:30 a.m., followed by the kickoff of Harbour Town Lights on November 23, with Gregg Russell’s Thanksgiving Concert immediately after the Official Tree Lighting at 7:30 p.m. The concert is complimentary, but please bring a canned food or new, unwrapped toy for The Deep Well Project. The illuminated seasonal figures and towering Christmas tree will be lit up every evening through January 1. (843) 842-1979 or seapines.com.
- Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort is also preparing for the holiday season with the Annual Thanksgiving Day Buffet at the Palmetto Dunes Club on November 22 from 11 a.m.-4 p.m., as well as a Prix-Fixe Thanksgiving Meal at Alexander’s Restaurant & Wine Bar from noon- 8 p.m. Reservations are required, call (877) 497-2068 for the Palmetto Dunes Club or (866) 921-6639 for Alexander’s.
- Once Thanksgiving Dinner is over, it’s time to head out to the Tanger Outlets Moonlight Madness & After-Thanksgiving Sales, with exclusive deals and special offers throughout the weekend of November 22-25. Visit tangeroutlet.com to download special offers. (843) 837-5410.
- On November 23, stop by Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina for the Santa & Shopping Day to enjoy specials and sales, music and kids’ activities, including a train, bounce houses and more, from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. At noon, Santa arrives at the marina on a fire truck. (888) 857-7221 or palmettodunes.com/sheltercove.
- On November 24, 1-3 p.m., bring the family to Heritage Farm in Sea Pines for a Caramel Apple Festival. Enjoy an afternoon of fall activities, including caramel apples, games, crafts and more! Rates vary based on activity. (843) 842-1979.
- The Arts Center of Coastal Carolina hosts the free Community Christmas Tree Lighting & Holly Day Market on November 24 from 3:30-5:30 p.m. An old-fashioned Yuletide celebration, complete with Santa, Mrs. Claus and Rudolph, Christmas carols, holiday crafts, treats, local artists and lighting of the town’s Official Christmas Tree, (843) 842-2787 or artshhi.com.